Description: Approximately 10 – 15 minutes of instruction and skill practice followed by a curling game (with coaching if desired/needed). Ideal for new juniors or those interested in curling recreationally.
Who Can Join: Individual sign up. No curling experience necessary. Must be between 8 and 18 years of age. Max of 24 curlers.
Dates: Eight Tuesdays starting the second week of January. See the club calendar for this season’s schedule.
Annual Golden Broom Junior Bonspiel: Junior curlers will have the opportunity to compete in Chesapeake Curling Club’s Annual Golden Broom Junior Bonspiel on a selected Sunday at the end of the season (see the calendar).
Time: 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Coordinators: Jill Ferris, Joanne Fisher, & Stephanie Squires
Scholarships Available: Inquire by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Register
Register at this link.Payment and a signed waiver (integrated into registration form) must be completed in order for the registrant to participate.
If registration is not open, please email email@example.com to enroll.
Why Curling for Juniors?
Curling is an inclusive sport that ANYONE can excel at, and we’re super excited to be offering young people the chance to learn new skills, build confidence, and develop leadership and teamwork abilities through participation in this fantastic and fast-growing sport. Curling is a game built on a tradition of sportsmanship and sociability, where no one sits out, every team member is essential, and every game begins and ends with a hearty handshake.
We provide all the equipment your child needs to get started.
- Wear warm clothes – hats and gloves strongly encouraged – Kids should wear clean sneakers on the ice.
- All other curling equipment will be provided.
- All Lead instructors will have passed a background check and completed USA Olympics Safe Sport training.
- Caregivers are welcome to stay during Junior curling. The warm room will be open for parents during this time. For our Red Crabs (age 8-12) caregivers must drop-off and pick-up in the warm room. Blue Crabs (age 13-18) may arrange to meet their parents in the parking lot. Contact the instructors if other special arrangements are required.
- Parents are always invited to help out on the ice if they so desire. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are willing to help out so we can sign you up and send you the Safe Sport link that is required of all volunteers to complete before helping on the ice.
- Waivers must be completed for anyone who will be on the curling ice.
- Snacks will be provided by Chesapeake Curling for the first session.
Golden Broom Junior Bonspiel
Chesapeake is excited to be hosting our 1st annual junior bonspiel this March. Check back here for a link to our event page.
Contact the program coordinators at email@example.com.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE 2023 SEASON
The Chesapeake Curling Club offers two age divisions in our junior curling program. Please read the descriptions below. If you have questions, please contact our junior program coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.